icon

Translate

Monday, February 4, 2013

Comments on The Time Machine


     I was not able to write towards the blog or continue into the next chapter of my novel while traveling in Florida. As far as reading, which I like to do every day, well I spent more time eating, drinking and enjoying the warm weather. The trip is now over, so it’s back to snowy, cold New York.

     My current read is “The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. This is a very short novel so even only spending a tiny bit of time; I was still able to read half of this book while away. While reading I have, for the last five years or so, copied down quotes that I found interesting. In the Quotes tab of DescriptivePhrases.com I have sorted these quotes into categories by topic. They are sometimes helpful when writing. Some are simply descriptions that authors have used to describe the characters or settings their work. H.G. Wells’ descriptions of the future world that he encounters and the people he meets will soon be added to this growing list. They are wonderfully written and a great example to future writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment