icon

Translate

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Edgar Allan Poe’s “ALONE”


     One specific poem that Edgar Allan Poe wrote that very much has appealed to me is named, “Alone”. This piece was first published in 1829 and I think that for anyone that feels the need or passion to write fiction, this poem seems to define their inner self. At least this has held true for myself. I have always been an introvert. Except when writing I have always held my thoughts and feelings close to my chest. In Poe’s Alone, he tells us that even as a child he felt that he couldn’t fine joy in the same things that others did. But it was his experiences, seen through his own eyes that grew into the thinking that occupied his mind later in life. The links below will provide the full text of this poem. It’s a very short read but definitely a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment